Small fire causes brief evacuation at Monger Elementary

Students were briefly evacuated from Monger Elementary School on Monday after a fire was reported in one of the bathrooms. 

ELKHART— A small fire caused a brief evacuation at Monger Elementary School on Monday morning after a student lit a paper towel dispenser on fire in the school’s bathroom, according to the Elkhart Fire Department.

According to Division Chief Rodney Dale, the department responded to a fire call at 9:22 a.m. at 1100 E. Hively Ave.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.