ELKHART — The cause of an apartment fire on Burr Oak Lane in Elkhart early Wednesday was determined to be a malfunctioning refrigerator.

According to a news release issued by the Elkhart Fire Department, crews responded to a call of a fire at an apartment complex on Burr Oak Lane at 1:42 a.m Wednesday.

(1) comment

Revolution 1776

Let me guess , a newer Samsung model ?

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.