fire department logo

ELKHART — A resident who fell asleep while smoking in bed was blamed for a fire that routed 13 occupants in four other apartments.

One person suffered from smoke inhalation and was transported to Elkhart General Hospital.  

(1) comment

fire111

1 floor down! 2 floors up= 3 floors!

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.