WAKARUSA — A fire that caused significant damage to a two-story home, but no injuries, was blamed on a gas furnace turned on for the first time this season. 

The Wakarusa Volunteer Fire Department along with Baugo and Harrison fire departments were dispatched about 9:50 p.m. Monday to 207 S. Elkhart St. On arrival, firefighters found heavy smoke coming from the house, according to a report Wednesday from the Wakarusa Volunteer Fire Department. 

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.