elkhart apartment fire

ELKHART — A bathroom exhaust fan was blamed for causing a fire that damaged an apartment Saturday at Williamsburg on the Lake.

Firefighters were called at 3:49 p.m. to 3410 Pleasant Plain Ave., where an occupant returned home and found smoke in his apartment and the smoke detectors sounding, according to a report from the Elkhart Fire Department. 

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.