The final night of the area boys basketball regular season is set for Friday, Feb. 28, which also means final home games for Elkhart Memorial, Penn and Fairfield.
The Crimson Chargers will, of course, be back at North Side Gym for next week's Elkhart Sectional, but are not officially the hosts of that one.
In Friday's game, the Chargers (8-11) encounter red-hot Michigan City Marquette (13-6), which has won five straight, including each of the last three by at least 41 points. The Falcons (11-8) host Central Noble (2-18).
The Kingsmen (18-1) can assure at least matching the lowest loss total in their history by beating Glenn (11-6). Penn's 1974-75 club closed 20-2.
Meanwhile, Elkhart Central (5-14) hits the road to LaPorte (12-7).
Blue Blazer head coach Troy Noble was not at Tuesday's loss against Elkhart Christian due to a "personal issue," per athletic director Buck Buckley, who said Wednesday afternoon he wasn't sure yet if Noble would return Friday.
At Whitko, NorthWood (17-2), coming off its 84-80 overtime loss to Penn, can clinch the best winning percentage in school history by beating the Wildcats (1-18).
The best percentage in NorthWood history belongs to the 1981-82 club that went 18-4 (.818), while the most wins in program history is 19 achieved on two occasions.
Jimtown, Wawasee and Westview will all play final regular-season home games Friday, but each is also a sectional host.
At Westview, Concord (12-7) and the Warriors (16-4) engage in their perennial head-to-head finale.
The Minutemen have won the last five and 10 of the last 11 of those meetings, but Westview comes into this one on a five-game winning streak while Concord is trying to reverse course after losing four of its last five.
At West Noble, Goshen (10-9) coming off its 61-52 win over South Bend St. Joseph, can clinch a third straight winning season for the first time in 11 years by beating the Chargers (16-4).
At DeKalb, Northridge (17-2) can assure that it will no worse than match the second-lowest loss total in school history by beating the Barons (8-13).
BOYS BASKETBALL SCHEDULE
Thursday, Feb. 27
• Wawasee (4-14) at Plymouth (9-10)
• Marian (12-7) at SB Riley (11-7), non-conference
• Otsego at Edwardsburg, Wolverine Conference championship
Friday, Feb. 28
• MC Marquette (13-6) vs. Elkhart Memorial (8-11) at North Side Gym
• Elkhart Central (5-14) at LaPorte (12-7)
• Concord (12-7) at Westview (16-4)
• LaVille (10-9) at Jimtown (7-12)
• Goshen (10-9) at West Noble (16-4)
• Northridge (17-2) at DeKalb (8-13)
• NorthWood (17-2) at Whitko (1-18)
• Central Noble (2-18) at Fairfield (11-8)
• Bethany Christian (3-16) at Fremont (4-15)
• Tippecanoe Valley (15-3) at Wawasee
• Glenn (11-6) at Penn (18-1)