ELKHART — Elkhart Memorial High School has announced the schedule for the beginning of fall sports and football cheerleader tryouts as follows:
• Football Cheerleading, mandatory parent/athlete information meeting 6 to 7 p.m. Monday, July 28 in Room C108 (use EMHS front entrance); Tryout Clinic I 4 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, July 30 in Dance Studio (use EMHS west entrance); Tryout Clinic II 4 to 6 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 1 in Dance Studio (use EMHS west entrance).
• Girls Golf, Friday, Aug. 1; check-in 3:30 p.m.; practice 4 to 6 p.m. at Christiana Creek Country Club.
• Boys and Girls Cross Country, Monday, Aug. 4; check-in 7:30 a.m. or 3:30 p.m.; practice 7:30 to 9:30 a.m. or 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. on campus.
• Girls Soccer, Monday, Aug. 4; check-in 5:30 p.m.; practice 6 to 8 p.m. on campus.
• Boys Soccer, Monday, Aug. 4; check-in 5 p.m.; practice 5:30 to 9 p.m. on campus.
• Volleyball, Monday, Aug. 4; check-in 8:30 a.m.; practice 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on campus.
• Boys Tennis, Monday, Aug. 4; check-in 2:30 p.m.; practice 2:30 to 7:30 p.m. on campus.
• Football, Monday, Aug. 4; check-in 7:30 a.m.; practice 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on campus.
All athletes must first register (check-in) with the EMHS athletic office. Registration includes submitting the signed IHSAA physical form/concussion release form and paying the $40 athletic participation fee. Checks should be made out to "EMHS Athletics." IHSAA physical forms are available in the athletic office or may be downloaded from the www.emhschargers.org website. For more information, call the athletic office at 262-5633.
JIMTOWN — Jimtown High School has announced the schedule for the beginning of fall sports as follows:
• Boys and Girls Cross Country, Monday, Aug. 4, 8 a.m. at Baugo-Ferrettie Park.
• Boys Tennis, Monday, Aug. 4, 9 a.m. on campus.
• Volleyball, Monday, Aug. 4, Grades 9-10 from 8 to 10 a.m., Grades 11-12 10 a.m. to noon, all in main gym on campus; Entire team 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Aug. 5.
• Football, Monday, Aug. 4, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on campus.
To be eligible for participation, all student-athletes must have completed physical examination form, and other Jimtown athletic department paperwork completed and on file. Parents are invited to attend an informational meeting at 6 p.m. Wednesday, July 30 at JHS. There will be paperwork packets and other information available at this meeting or in the Jimtown athletic office.