The winter storm moving through northern Indiana and southwest Michigan this morning has left thousands of people without power.
NIPSCO is reporting 26,000 outages, including these local outages:
- Goshen - 659
- Middlebury - 542
- Milford - 77
- Millersburg - 996
- Nappanee - 1,193
- New Paris - 105
- Syracuse - 1,881
- Topeka - 105
- Wakarusa - 1,486
NIPSCO customers can report a power outage by calling 1-800-4NIPSCO, selecting option 2 from the main menu, selecting option 2 from the next menu and then following the rest of the prompts.
You can view a NIPSCO outage map online and visit the NIPSCO Outage Center online for updates on restoration times.
Indiana and Michigan Power is reporting outages in the following towns in Indiana:
- Elkhart - 242 (full restoration by 6 p.m.)
- Granger - 61 (full restoration by 4:30 p.m.)
- Mishawaka - 162 (full restoration by 3 p.m.)
- South Bend - 115
I&M is also reporting outages in the following towns in Michigan:
- Coloma – 1,914
- Covert – 200
- Small scattered outages in Bridgman, Sodus, Hartford, Scottsdale, Eau Claire, Stevensville, Watervliet, Baroda, Saint Joseph
- Full restoration expected in Michigan by midnight
Indiana and Michigan Power also has an outage map on their website. You can report an outage and check your outage status online. If you see downed power lines or other safety hazard conditions, I&M asks that you call its Customer Operations Center at 800-311-4634.