CASSOPOLIS, Mich. — Kicking off the Cass County Fair this year on Sunday, July 27, will be the annual Cass County Fair opening ceremonies and parade at 6 p.m. followed by the 7 p.m. Street Legal and Semi-Truck pulls, all with free admission and grandstand. The fairgrounds are located at 590 N. O’Keefe St., just north of the village of Cassopolis.
Farm Tractor and Antique Tractor Pulls are free also at 9 p.m. Tuesday night at 9.
Starting on Monday, evening grandstand attractions include The Willis Clan, a singing group; NTPA Regional National Tractor and Truck Pulls on Tuesday; Superkickers Extreme Bulls and Barrels (not a rodeo) on Wednesday; a demolition derby on Thursday; SJO Motor Cross on Friday and Monster Trucks on Saturday. All attractions begin at 7 p.m. with tickets to go on sale at the grandstand ticket office.
Admission to the fair is $6 for adults and $1 for children ages 6 to 12.There is free admission for veterans on Monday, July 28; seniors on Thursday, July 31; and homemakers on Friday, Aug. 1.
Kiddies’ Day is Tuesday with children 6 to 12 admitted free.
Family Day is Saturday, Aug. 2, with admission $1 starting from noon to 6 p.m.
Free breakfast and lunch will be served daily to all youth through 18 years old provided by the Cassopolis Public Schools at the building across from the beef wash racks.
Livestock showing is as follows:
• Dairy cattle begins judging, 8 a.m. Monday.
• Sheep judging, 8 a.m. Monday.
• Horse and pony trail and dressage, 9 a.m. Monday.
• Horse and pony English hunter and equitation, 9 a.m. Tuesday.
• Swine judging, 2 p.m. Tuesday.
• Beef judging, 8 a.m. Wednesday.
• Rabbits, 9 a.m. Wednesday.
• Draft horses, 9 a.m. Wednesday.
• Horse halter, performance and versatility, 9 a.m. Wednesday.
• Goat judging, 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.
• Poultry, 9 a.m. Thursday.
• Pony halter and performance, English, western riding and trail, Thursday.
• Horse and pony gymkhana, 9 a.m. Friday.
• Horse and pony costume and pee wee, 9 a.m. Saturday.
• Dogs and cats, 6 p.m. Friday and 6 p.m. Saturday.
Exhibits are to be released at 8 a.m. untill 12 noon on Sunday, Aug. 3.