Challengers file for Elkhart County commissioner, auditor posts
Republicans will also challenge incumbents for the Elkhart County recorder and auditor posts.
There are challengers in the races for the District 1 seat on the Elkhart County Board of Commissioners and two other Elkhart County posts.
At the federal level, Democrat Joe Bock formally filed his paperwork to be a candidate in the 2nd District U.S. House race.
Here's a look at new filers for office from Friday, Jan. 31, Monday and Tuesday:
- Teresa Cataldo, Republican, for the Elkhart Superior Court 3 judgeship. She joins two other GOP hopefuls.
- Jim Erb, Republican, for Elkhart County auditor. He's challenging incumbent Republican Pauline Graff, who filed previously.
- Jessica Sanders, Republican, for Elkhart County recorder. She's challenging incumbent Republican Jerry Weaver, who filed previously.
- Rick Easton, Republican, for the District 1 seat on the Elkhart County Board of commissioners. He's challenging GOP incumbent Frank Lucchese, who filed previously.
- Kathy Gordon, Republican, for Cleveland Township trustee.
- Toni Miller, Republican, for Clinton Township trustee.
- Kerry Yaw, Republican, for Harrison Township trustee.
- Madeline Smith, Republican, for the Baugo Township Board.
- Richard Carpenter and Larry Erb, Republicans, for the Benton Township Board.
- Bruce Korenstra, Dean Morehouse and Richard Snider, Republicans, for the Jackson Township Board.
- David Gongwer and Tara Lengacher, Republicans, for the Olive Township Board.
- Carole Foutz, Margaret Kuehne and James Newton, Republicans, for the Osolo Township Board.
- Dwight Moudy, Republican, for Union Township Board.
- Jim Jacka, Republican, for Washington Township Board.
- Cathy Burke and Ron Norman, Republicans, for the Bristol Town Council.
- Alex Cook, Republican, for the Wakarusa Town Council.
- Dick Moore for the Concord 2 Democratic precinct committeeman post.
- Dwight Fish for the Concord 13 Democratic precinct committeeman post.
- John Sternberg for the Concord 17 Democratic precinct committeeman post.
- Don Metzler-Smith for the Concord 30 Democratic precinct committeeman post.
- Daniel Grimes for the Elkhart 6 Democratic precinct committeeman post.
- Gary Haney for the Elkhart 9 Democratic precinct committeeman post.
- J. Pratt Curtis, Nancy Pletcher and Jack Troeger for Republican State Convention delegate, District 1.
- Susan Chilberg and Dale Stickel for Republican State Convention delegate, District 2.
- Jody Weldy for Republican State Convention delegate, District 4.
- Arvis Dawson, Dwight Fish, Daniel Grimes, Beatriz Jones, Ann Kalman, Don Metzler-Smith, Joyce Metzler-Smith, Don Shuler and Oxana Werbiansky for at-large Democratic State Convention delegate.
Bock formally filed for the 2nd District U.S. House post on Monday in Indianapolis.
“I am running because Congress is broken, and Hoosiers deserve a representative who will work for them, not for their own partisan agendas,” Bock said in a statement Tuesday. “All across the district, people are responding to my message about strengthening our small businesses and raising the minimum wage for Hoosier families.”
The period to file candidacies ends noon on Friday.