Several incumbents and others have formally filed to run for state or national office representing all or part of Elkhart County.
According to the latest list of candidates dated Wednesday, Jan. 29, on the Indiana Secretary of State website, the filers include:
- Incumbent Republican Jackie Walorski, seeking re-election to the 2nd District U.S. House seat, and Dan Morrison, Democratic hopeful. Morrison filed Jan. 10 and Walorski filed Jan. 23.
- Incumbent Republican Joe Zakas, seeking re-election to the District 11 Indiana Senate post. He filed Monday.
- Incumbent Republican Rebecca Kubacki, seeking re-election to the District 22 Indiana House seat, Republican challenger Curt Nisly and Democratic hopeful David Kolbe. Kubacki filed Tuesday while Nisly and Kolbe filed Jan. 21.
- Incumbent Republican Tim Wesco, seeking re-election to the District 21 Indiana House seat, and Democratic hopeful Jodi Buoscio. Wesco filed Jan. 21, Buoscio on Jan. 23.
- Republican hopefuls Jesse Bohannon, Adam Bujalski and Doug Miller, each vying for the District 48 Indiana House seat, to be vacated by incumbent Tim Neese. Bujalski and Miller filed Jan. 14, Bohannon on Jan. 27.
- Incumbent Republican Wes Culver, seeking re-election to the District 49 Indiana House seat. He filed Jan. 8.
- Incumbent Republican Dave Ober, seeking re-election to the District 82 Indiana House seat. He filed Jan. 9.
- Incumbent Republican Curtis Hill, seeking re-election to the Elkhart County prosecutor post. He filed Jan. 17.