Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. UKRAINE REBELS COOPERATING — RELUCTANTLY
The pro-Russian militants finally release a train full of bodies and hand over the black boxes from the downed Malaysia Airlines plane.
2. WHY ISRAEL’S MOOD HAS DARKENED
In a country where military losses are considered just as tragic as civilian ones, reaction to the deaths of 25 Israeli soldiers in the Gaza conflict has been electric.
3. ‘ROGUE’ GYNECOLOGIST COSTS JOHNS HOPKINS
The medical center is paying $190 million to 8,000 women and girls secretly recorded and photographed by the doctor during pelvic exams.
4. HOW MANY HOMELESS PEOPLE MAY HAVE BEEN ATTACKED IN NEW MEXICO
One of three teens accused of fatally beating two homeless men in Albuquerque tells police that he and the two others have terrorized perhaps 50 transients in recent months.
5. RED MEAT NOT VERY GREEN
Compared with other animal proteins, raising beef requires 11 times more water for irrigation and 28 times more land, a study says.
6. TEXAS SENDING TROOPS TO THE MEXICO BORDER
Gov. Rick Perry says he’ll dispatch up to 1,000 members of the National Guard to help deal with an influx of immigrants from Central America.
7. OBAMA SIGNS BILL PROTECTING GAY, TRANSGENDER FEDERAL WORKERS
He says it’s unacceptable that being gay is still a firing offense in many places in the U.S.
8. MANY US VOTERS STAYING HOME
More than half the states to hold primary elections so far have seen record-low turnouts, according to a survey.
9. GLOBE SIZZLES IN BACK-TO-BACK MONTHS
The world sets another heat record in June after breaking a record in May.
10. WHO DIDN’T WANT ‘TRUST FUND’ KIDS
Instead, actor Philip Seymour Hoffman decreed that his estimated $35 million fortune should go his longtime partner and the children’s mother, court documents say.