Thursday, September 18, 2014
Loading...





Bourbon Street shooting suspect back in Louisiana

Suspect in New Orleans gunfight that killed 1, hurt 9 back in Louisiana
Posted on July 12, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. | Updated on July 12, 2014 at 2:07 p.m.

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The Orleans Parish District Attorney’s Office says a suspect in the gunfight that killed one person and injured nine others last month in the French Quarter is back in New Orleans.

Trung Le is currently being held in Orleans Parish Prison. Le was booked with one count of first-degree murder and nine counts of attempted first-degree murder. Le is an Asian male from Belle Chasse, Louisiana.

Chris Bowman with the Orleans Parish DA’s office says in a statement that Lee was picked up from a Mississippi jail around 10 a.m. Saturday. Prison officials said Le was booked about 1:15 p.m. Saturday.

Earlier Saturday, Mississippi Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves signed a document to have Le extradited.

The 20-year-old Le has been held in a Gulfport, Mississippi, jail since being arrested on July 4. He had refused to sign a waiver of extradition, but Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal signed what is called a governor’s warrant Thursday, which overrides an inmate’s refusal to be taken to another jurisdiction to face criminal charges.

A warrant New Orleans police issued for Le does not spell out in detail what evidence police have against him.

They have yet to identify the second gunman in the case.





Updated 46 minutes ago
 FILE - In this Aug. 27, 2014 file photo, a chef walks in the headquarter campus of Alibaba Group in Hangzhou in eastern China's Zhejiang province. As Chinese e-commerce powerhouse Alibaba readies what could be the biggest initial public offering ever on the New York Stock Exchange, it is quietly hinting at plans to expand into the U.S. (AP Photo/File) CHINA OUT

Updated 1 hour ago
Back to top ^