DETROIT (AP) — A Detroit TV news crew took cover and called police after an 88-year-old robbery victim they were trying to interview fired a shot at them.
No one was injured in the Monday shooting. The man was taken away by police in handcuffs.
WXYZ-TV says (http://bit.ly/1oCanDk ) its reporter and a photographer went to the man’s home in an attempt to interview him about the robbery, which happened a few days earlier. Police say the man had been knocked down and tied up at his home before $600 and a cellphone were taken.
The station says the man came to the door with a handgun and fired a shot. The TV crew called 911 after the man went back inside.
Another station’s crew was nearby at the time of the shooting.
Information from: WXYZ-TV, http://www.wxyz.com