MOUNT MORRIS, Mich. (AP) — Police say a natural gas line has caused an explosion that destroyed a Genesee County car wash.
The Flint Journal reports (http://bit.ly/1tGSsnd ) the Sunday night explosion leveled the On The Spot Car Wash in Mount Morris and damaged Grandma Kay’s Family Diner. No one was injured.
A state police specialist tells the Journal the origin of the explosion won’t be known until excavators clear the rubble. Consumers Energy workers were at the site following the incident.
Grandma Kay’s owner Tina Burton tells the Journal she is grateful the explosion didn’t occur earlier in the day when there were customers in the restaurant.
Information from: The Flint Journal, http://www.mlive.com/flint