INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — A law enforcement spokeswoman says the man charged in the slaying of an Indianapolis police officer is out of the hospital, and records show he is expected to make a first court appearance Tuesday.
Marion County Sheriff’s Department spokeswoman Katie Carlson tells the Indianapolis Star (http://indy.st/1kqXgDL ) that Major Davis Jr. was taken to the Marion County Jail while he awaits his court date.
Court records show an initial hearing is scheduled for Tuesday morning. The records do not list an attorney.
Prosecutors charged 25-year-old Davis with murder last week in the July 5 slaying of Officer Perry Renn during a gun fight on the city’s north side.
Police have said officers returned fire and struck Davis, who was hospitalized.