Friday, October 31, 2014
Loading...





Parents charged in carbon monoxide death of Kosciusko County boy

The parents of a Kosciusko County boy who died of carbon monoxide poisoning in June have been charged in connection with his death.

Posted on Aug. 25, 2014 at 12:17 p.m.

The parents of a Kosciusko County boy who died of carbon monoxide poisoning in June have been charged in connection with his death.

Skylar Spore, 12, was found dead inside his Syracuse home on June 28, according to a report from Stacey Page Online.

Spore’s parents, 33-year-old Candy Chamness and 34-year-old Darrick Spore, have been arrested on charges of neglect of a dependent resulting in death. Darrick Spore also faces a charge of reckless homicide.

An initial autopsy showed the boy’s death was consistent with carbon monoxide poisoning, Stacey Page Online reports.

Investigators found two gas-powered generators running inside the home at the time of the boy’s death.

Spore and Chamness were arrested and booked at the Kosciusko County Jail on Friday, Aug. 22. Their bonds were set at $150,000.


Recommended for You


Back to top ^