Friday, November 28, 2014
Loading...





Man hospitalized after water heater explosion in Middlebury

The man suffered second and third degree burns to his face and hands after using too much fuel to light a water heater Saturday morning, July 26.

Posted on July 26, 2014 at 9:45 a.m.

A man was hospitalized after he was injured in a water heater explosion Saturday morning, July 26, in Middlebury.

Firefighters were called to 61190 S.R. 13 around 9:15 a.m., according to emergency dispatchers. A man in his 20s tried to light the water heater, which had run out of gas, and used too much fuel, according to the Associated Press. The man suffered second and third degree burns to his face and hands.

The man was flown to Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center in Mishawaka.

We will continue to update this story as we learn more. 




Recommended for You


Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Back to top ^