GOSHEN — A man who admitted to being involved in eight robberies in Elkhart was sentenced Thursday morning, July 10, in Elkhart Circuit Court.
Jacob Estep, 25, of Elkhart, was sentenced to 50 years in prison, with 15 suspended and on probation. Estep pleaded guilty to his charges April 22.
Estep was arrested Feb. 28, 2013, at Red Roof Inn, 2902 Cassopolis St., after he was chased by a witness while attempting to rob an adjacent hotel.
During interrogation at the police station, Estep told detectives he was involved in other robberies that had taken place in the north side of Elkhart between January and February 2013.
Other suspects arrested in connection to some of the robberies on the north side of Elkhart include Nicholas Chaplin, Abigail Pifer, Jacob Wing, Sergio Rocha and Timothy Cramer.
Some of the locations robbed in the two-month period in 2013 include:
• Elkhart Cigarette Outlet, 51505 S.R. 19, on Jan. 25;
• Low Bob’s Discount Tobacco, 51423 S.R. 19, on Jan. 25;
• Marathon gas station, 51451 S.R. 19, on Jan. 29;
• Hampton Inn, 215 North Pointe Blvd., on Feb. 1;
• Low Bob’s Discount Tobacco, 51423 S.R. 19, on Feb. 3; and
• Phillips 66 gas station, 3320 Cassopolis St., on Feb. 4.
View Robberies on the north side of Elkhart in a larger map
Follow Elkhart Truth Reporter Sharon Hernandez on Twitter at @Sharon_HT