A burn victim was airlifted to the hospital by MedFlight Thursday evening, July 10, following a house fire in Goshen.
The Goshen Fire Department responded to the blaze around 9:03 p.m. in the 400 block of S. Third Street.
Capt. Steffen Schrock, of the Goshen Fire Department, said he only saw smoke when he arrived. The fire started in one of two apartments in the building. A family living in the other apartment is now displaced because of smoke damage, but has a place to stay. Firefighters entered the residence to retrieve some of the family’s belongings, such as clothing.
The house fire was under control, but still burning as of 10:36 p.m. Thursday. There were at least three fire trucks at the scene of the fire.