Thursday, July 24, 2014
Loading...





Fire which destroyed two Baugo businesses ruled accidental

Firefighters say the fire started from a plasma torch being used in a business.

Posted on May 28, 2014 at 1:46 p.m.

Firefighters say a Tuesday evening fire that destroyed two businesses and damaged a third was accidental.

Baugo Township fire chief Chad Carey said the owner of Diamond Finishes, located at 57955 C.R. 3, was working with a plasma torch when items near his work area accidentally caught fire. 

Firefighters were called to the scene late Thursday afternoon, May 27, and flames were seen coming through the building’s roof around 6:45 p.m. Firefighters were still on the scene around midnight.

The man made it out of the building uninjured, but the business was a total loss.

Another business in the building was a total loss as well, but the third, Rodriguez Auto Repair, suffered only 25 percent damage, Carey said.

Several people working inside Rodriguez Auto Repair also evacuated safely.

Concord, Osolo, Wakarusa, Cleveland and Elkhart fire departments assisted Baugo Township firefighters at the scene.




Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Back to top ^