The Elkhart Fire Department has determined that a house fire last night was arson.
According to a news release, firefighters were called to a vacant house at 513 Baldwin Street at 10:03 p.m. Monday, May 19.
When they arrived, they found smoke coming from under the eaves on the east side of the one-story house. Inside, firefighters found a small fire on the floor which they extinguished quickly.
No one was at the scene when firefighters arrived.
The Elkhart Police Department will handle the arson investigation.
There was no electrical or natural gas service connected to the house at the time of the fire.