MILFORD — Authorities have identified the second victim killed a fire in a Milford business last month.
DNA testing by the Indiana State Police Lab in Fort Wayne confirmed that the second man killed in the Feb. 13 fire at Medina Body Shop was Jose Medina of Milford, according to a news release from the Kosciusko County Sheriff's Department.
Medical examiners at the Northeast Indiana Forensic Center determined Medina died of smoke inhalation.
The other victim of the fire was identified Feb. 16 as Annalu Nunez, who also died of smoke inhalation, according to the Kosciusko County Coroner.
Both victims lived at the body shop, 310 N. Higbee St.
The Kosciusko County Fire Investigation Team and the Indiana State Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire was accidental and was caused by an electrical malfunctioning in wiring that supplied electricity to a ceiling light.