Friday, November 28, 2014
Loading...





Elkhart house fire that started in a bedroom ruled accidental

A fire was reported at 1630 Cone St. on Friday night, March 14.

Posted on March 14, 2014 at 9:14 p.m.

ELKHART – A house fire on the north side of Elkhart was accidental, according to the city’s fire department.

A house owned by Jocelyn Oquendo located at 1630 Cone St. caught fire Friday night, March 14. The fire was reported by neighbors around 8:55 p.m.

When Elkhart firefighters arrived at the scene, they found flames coming from a room on the front of the house, said Battalion Chief Scott Chris.

By 9:16 p.m., firefighters extinguished the fire, which was confined to a bedroom.

Oquendo told the fire department that no one was home at the time of the fire.

Elkhart County Red Cross client casework volunteers provided the homeowner's family with food and clothing.

The Elkhart Truth reporter Angelle Barbazon contributed to this article.




Recommended for You


Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Back to top ^