Fire at Elkhart industrial building caused by ceiling heater
The fire was under control as of 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13. A firefighter sustained a laceration to his hand while combatting the blaze.
ELKHART – A fire at an Elkhart industrial building was caused by a ceiling heater, according to the Elkhart Fire Department.
Firefighters were called to the building at 935 Plum St. at 4:52 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 13 and found smoke and fire visible on the north side of the building, according to a fire department news release.
The fire was under control by 5:11 p.m. and caused "minimal amounts" of damage to the structure's roof.
The news release lists Powder Technologies, LLC. as the occupant of the building.
A firefighter sustained a laceration to his hand while combating the blaze.