Thursday, July 31, 2014
Loading...





Goshen home's kitchen gutted by fire

A duplex near Goshen was gutted by fire.
Posted on Dec. 13, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. | Updated on Dec. 13, 2013 at 1:47 p.m.

GOSHEN — Three departments responded to a house fire on Nathena Lane in Goshen around noon Friday, Dec. 13.

Scott Maurer, chief of the Concord Township Fire Department, said that the fire started in the kitchen of one of the homes in a duplex.

No one was injured, and the fire was out within about 25 minutes, he said.

“The kitchen is pretty gutted right now, we had to tear most of it apart,” Maurer said.

The other rooms in the home and the other home in the duplex have only minor smoke damage.

Angie Butler, who has lived in the home for 18 years, said she was not home when the fire started. Her grandson, James Smith, called her when he arrived home and noticed smoke.

“I went to unlock the door and smoke just started pouring out of the door,” Smith said. “I ran around the back and shattered the window because I figured the fire started in the kitchen.”

Butler and Smith were joined by friends and neighbors as they watched firefighters work.

Butler was emotional, but thankful that no one had been hurt.

“Things are material, but you can't get back a life,” she said.

The Harrison and Jefferson township fire departments also assisted at the scene.




Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Back to top ^