Juvenile is suspect in Elkhart shooting, police say
Police say they have identified one suspect in a shooting that took place on McDonald last week.
Posted on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:00 a.m.
| Updated on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:43 p.m.
ELKHART — Police say they have identified one suspect in a shooting that sent one man to the hospital last week.
Capt. Kris Seymore of the Elkhart Police Department said investigators have identified a juvenile suspect but no arrests had been made as of late Monday morning, Oct. 14.
Police were called to 835 McDonald St. at 7:04 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 9, on reports of a shooting.
The victim, a 22-year-old male, was taken to the hospital by bystanders before police arrived. Seymore said the man suffered a gunshot wound to the leg.
Neighbors said police have responded to several incidents in the area in recent months, including a drive-by shooting in June in which no one was injured.