Wednesday, October 22, 2014

No injuries in early Sunday morning Elkhart house fire
Posted on April 28, 2013 at 1:00 a.m. | Updated on April 28, 2013 at 10:59 a.m.

ELKHART — Five people safely escaped a house fire early Sunday morning after their smoke detector went off, alerting them to the fire.

Firefighters arrived to 338 Pierre Moran Drive around 5:40 a.m. to find an adult and four children standing outside and a fire in the attic of their home.

The electrical fire originated in the attic and had spread to a bedroom closet and into the cellulose insulation. Firefighters were able to get the fire under control around 6:06 a.m. and removed the insulation from the building.