No injuries in early Sunday morning Elkhart house fire

An adult and four children inside the home were alerted to the fire by their smoke detector.
Posted on April 28, 2013 at 1:00 a.m. | Updated on April 28, 2013 at 10:59 a.m.

ELKHART — Five people safely escaped a house fire early Sunday morning after their smoke detector went off, alerting them to the fire.

Firefighters arrived to 338 Pierre Moran Drive around 5:40 a.m. to find an adult and four children standing outside and a fire in the attic of their home.

The electrical fire originated in the attic and had spread to a bedroom closet and into the cellulose insulation. Firefighters were able to get the fire under control around 6:06 a.m. and removed the insulation from the building.


Recommended for You

Back to top ^