West Jefferson Street fire quickly doused

    Elkhart firefighters responded to a report of a house fire in the 400 block of West Jefferson Street.
    Posted on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:00 a.m.

    Elkhart firefighters responded to a small residential fire at 400 W. Jefferson shortly after 9 a.m. Thursday.

    The fire was limited to the kitchen and was extinguished quickly.

    The fire started while a resident was attempting to use the stove. No injuries were reported.

    Recommended for You

    Back to top ^