If you are headed to Fort Wayne, or if you are a big fan of Founders Brewing Company, here is the event for you. It is my experience that Fiddler's Hearth in South Bend gets the widest selection of Founders beer in Michiana, but this event will be the largest Fort Wayne area, Founders tap take over in at least a year.
Adam Lepper, Cavalier Distributing Northeast Indiana Sales Representative, has set up this event for Wednesday, January, 22 at The Dash-IN, located at 814 South Calhoun Street, Fort Wayne. In general, the Dash-in has a wonderful selection of craft beer on tap, but this event will feature several rare and seasonal Founders beers, alongside of some of their favorite flagships. The event will begin at 5:00 PM.
Beers to be tapped:
- Sweet Repute (wheat wine, 12.6% ABV, aged for 16 months in maple bourbon barrels and bourbon barrels). This is one of only eight 1/4 barrels that made it to Indiana, and only a handfull of bottles from this Backstage Series beer made it to Michiana.
- Backwoods Bastard (barrel aged scotch ale, 10.2% ABV, IBUs 50). One of only two kegs sent to the Fort Wayne area, and this is one of my favorite beers from Founders. I don't feel that this beer gets the love it deserves with flavors of bourbon, caramel, roasted malt, and oak.
- Imperial Stout (10.5% ABV, IBUs 90). One of the most anticipated of Founders specialty releases, this is great served at cellar temperature, and the flavor improves over time if you decide to cellar it. Bottles just recently hit the shelves here in Michiana.
- Nitro Oatmeal Stout (4.5% ABV, IBUs 38). This beer is not bottled, so draft is your only way to enjoy this tasty treat.
- Dirty Bastard (Scotch Ale, 8.5% ABV, IBUs 50). Bottles also available in Michiana.
- Centennial IPA (7.2% ABV, IBUs 65) Bottles also available in Michiana.
- Porter (6.5% ABV, IBUs 45) Bottles also available in Michiana.
- Pale Ale (5.4% ABV, IBUs 35) Bottles also available in Michiana.