Monday, October 20, 2014
Loading...





Thor Industries hits record preliminary sales for third quarter

The Elkhart-based RV manufacturer reported a record-setting third quarter in fiscal 2014.

Posted on May 6, 2014 at 5:00 a.m.

ELKHART — Recreational vehicle and bus maker Thor Industries announced record preliminary sales for the third quarter and nine months.

Thor Industries reported preliminary consolidated sales from continuing operations in the third quarter were $1.05 billion, up 13 percent from last year's third quarter sales.

The company reported increased sales in both motorized and towable RVs for the third quarter. Motorized RV sales rose 38 percent, while towable RV sales were up eight percent from the same quarter a year ago.

Backlog on April 30 was $820.2 million, up 26 percent from last year.

Thor said it overcame several challenges to post the record sales, including losing production and shipment days to the harsh winter and a transport driver shortage that's worse than usual.

"Although we still faced a number of factors, particularly in the first half of the quarter, that affected our operations and shipments, strong demand for our products resulted in record sales," said Bob Martin, Thor President and CEO, said in a statement. "As we continue to navigate through some near-term challenges, we remain optimistic about our business and our industry, as strong early retail sales results have boosted the confidence of dealers as we reach the heart of the peak selling season." 

Thor expects to report its third quarter operating results on June 5.


Recommended for You


Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
 Specialist David Haubner works with traders at his post on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange, Friday, Oct. 17, 2014. U.S. stocks opened higher Friday as investors weighed the latest corporate earnings news and data showing home construction picked up last month. (AP Photo/Richard Drew)

Posted 41 minutes ago
 ADVANCE FOR 9:00 P.M. EDT, SUNDAY OCT. 19 AND THEREAFTER - This undated handout photo provided by the National Archives and Records Administration shows Martin Hartmann. Hartmann reached an agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice in 2007 to return to Germany when it was found out he was a Nazi SS guard in World War II. An Associated Press investigation found dozens of suspected Nazi war criminals and SS guards collected millions of dollars in Social Security payments after being forced out of the United States. (AP Photo/National Archives and Records Administration)

Posted 41 minutes ago
Back to top ^