Saturday, October 25, 2014

Auditor’s office accepting mobile home deductions

The Elkhart County Auditor’s Office is accepting deduction applications in Goshen.

Posted on March 3, 2014 at 5:23 p.m.

GOSHEN — Mobile home owners have until the end of March to file for deductions.

Applicants must provide a copy of their mobile home title or a copy of loan paperwork and the last five digits of their Social Security number and Indiana driver’s license. If the applicant is married, their husband or wife’s ID is also required. All applicants must own a mobile home as of Jan. 15. The filing deadline is March 31.

Owners of mobile homes who have previously filed for deductions do not have to refile unless they have purchased a new mobile home or moved to a new location.

The Elkhart County Auditor’s Office,117 N. Second St., Goshen, is accepting applications from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Mondays and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday.

For more information and other qualifications call 535-6710 or 535-6720, or visit and click “Auditor.”

Follow Elkhart Truth reporter Angelle Barbazon on Twitter at @tweetangelle.

Recommended for You

 Members of the Brooklyn Borough President's office hand out fliers detailing the risks of Ebola outside The Gutter bowling alley, Friday, Oct. 24, 2014, in Brooklyn's Williamsburg neighborhood, in New York. Craig Spencer, a Doctors Without Borders physician who recently returned to the city after treating Ebola patients in West Africa, tested positive for the disease and is being treated at Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan. (AP Photo/John Minchillo)

Posted 1 hour ago
 FILE - In this Wednesday, Oct. 22, 2014, file photo, a specialist works at his post on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange. The market's flux over the past week has given investors pause for thought. (AP Photo/Richard Drew, File)

Posted 2 hours ago
Back to top ^