1. The Elkhart Truth decides if Srircha flavored candy canes are a hot item or a taste bud dud
As a special holiday treat for our readers, some of The Elkhart Truth's staff sampled Sriracha-flavored candy canes and Digital Photographer Sarah Welliver recorded their reactions.
Could The Truth's staff handle the heat? Watch our YouTube video to find out.
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all!
2. Where can you eat on Christmas Day?
Don't feel like cooking a giant Christmas dinner? Or perhaps you're working and need a bite to eat on a day when most restaurants are closed.
We have a short list of food places open on Christmas Day.
3. Homes sales better in 2013 than they were in 2012
Home sales went up this year compared to 2012.
The Indiana Association of Realtors had this prediction for 2014: "Real employment and wage growth, as well as consumer confidence and mortgage availability, hold the key to success in 2014.”
4. IU to withdraw from American Studies Association after group announces boycott of Israeli universities
Michael McRobbie says the university plans to withdraw immediately as an ASA institutional member after the group announced last week it would boycott Israeli universities, as reported The Elkhart Truth'snews partner WNDU.
The president of IU said the boycott could have a chilling effect on academic freedom.
5. Notre Dame's Tuitt receives second-round grade for NFL draft
Stephon Tuitt, star defensive end for the Fighting Irish, has received a 2nd round grade for the NFL Draft, according to an evaluation coach Brian Kelly received from the league, as reported by WNDU.
Tuitt will soon have to decide whether he'll enter the NFL Draft or return for his senior season at Notre Dame.