Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Loading...





Concord 2nd in state marching band

Concord's Marching Minutemen took second place at ISSMA state finals on Saturday, Nov. 2.
Posted on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:00 a.m. | Updated on Nov. 2, 2013 at 1:58 p.m.

INDIANAPOLIS — Concord’s marching band won second place in its class at the Indiana State School Music Association state contest on Saturday, Nov. 2, at Lucas Oil Stadium.

Greenwood High School took first place in Class B.

Following their performance, several Concord band members were shaking and crying as they waited for awards to be announced.

“It felt so good — plus this is my last year and I don’t want to leave,” Concord senior Jenna Canen explained.

Standing nearby, Emerald Perry, also a senior, said that she feels Concord gave their best performance yet Saturday.

“It’s because of hard work,” she said, and Canen chipped in, “A lot of sweat, blood and tears, man.”

Band director Scott Spradling said he could tell the students gave Saturday’s performance their best effort.

“They tried to put that emotional level in the show, and I think they did that, based on the fact that they are all bawling,” Spradling said.

Concord was the first Elkhart County marching band to perform at the ISSMA state finals. Class C Fairfield will take the field at 2:07 p.m., and class C NorthWood is set to perform at 3:12 p.m. Goshen will perform near the end of the night, at 9:01 p.m.

The results for class B are: first, Greenwood; second, Concord; third, Northview; fourth, Jasper; fifth, Plainfield; sixth, Floyd Central; seventh, DeKalb; eighth, Munster; ninth, New Castle; 10th, Plymouth.




Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
 In this Sept. 19, 2014 photo, while surrounded by a group of supporters, Francisco Aguirre speaks in Portland, Ore. Aguirre, who has lived illegally in the U.S. for 19 years and has two children who are American citizens, is facing deportation due to a drug trafficking conviction 15 years ago and a previous deportation, authorities said. (AP Photo/The Oregonian, Kasia Hall)

Posted 21 minutes ago
 This Sept. 16, 2014 photo released by attorney Stephen Stubbs, shows Mike Tyson as photographed by injured motorcycle crash victim, Ryan Chesley, in  Las Vegas, Tuesday, Sept. 16, 2014. Stubbs said his client, 29-year-old Ryan Chesley, was on Interstate 15 in Las Vegas at about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday when a taxi cut him off and he went down. Stubbs said Chesley was lying on the ground when he looked up and recognized Tyson, who was yelling at people not to touch Chesley. (AP Photo/Ryan Chesley via Stephen Stubbs)

Posted 21 minutes ago
Back to top ^