Friday, November 28, 2014
Loading...





Featured

2 injured in Halloween night fire

Two people suffered minor burns in a house fire Thursday night.

Posted on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:00 a.m.

LAGRANGE COUNTY — Two people suffered burns in a residential fire just east of the Elkhart/LaGrange county line Thursday evening.

LaGrange County emergency dispatchers said firefighters responded to 1225 North/1200 West at 6:21 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31 for a report of a house fire.

The caller told dispatchers two people had suffered minor burns.

WSBT reports that Shipshewana and Middlebury firefighters arrived at the scene to find flames shooting out of the roof a building attached to a two-story home.

The fire was caused by a propane leak from an outdoor cooking burner that had been brought inside, WSBT reports.

The burn victims were taken to St. Joseph Hospital in Fort Wayne and Parkview LaGrange Hosptal.




Recommended for You


 People wait to cross a street in front of a Shell filling station with the electric indicator showing a liter of regular gas price, top, at 148 yen, or $1.25, per liter (554 yen, or $4.69 per gallon) in Tokyo Friday, Nov. 28, 2014. A renewed plunge in oil prices is a worrying sign of weakness in the global economy that could shake governments dependent on oil revenues. It is also a panacea as pump prices fall, giving individuals more disposable income and lowering costs for many businesses. Partly because of the shale oil boom in the U.S., the world is awash in oil but demand from major economies is weak so prices are falling. The latest slide was triggered by OPEC’s decision Thursday to leave its production target at 30 million barrels a day. Member nations of the cartel are worried they’ll lose market share if they lower production. (AP Photo/Koji Sasahara)

Posted 1 hour ago
 Christmas trees sit covered in snow on the family-run Howell Tree Farm, Wednesday, Nov. 26, 2014, in Cumming, Iowa. After several tough years, the nation’s Christmas-tree growers are happy to see higher prices, but customers shouldn’t worry too much. (AP Photo/Charlie Neibergall)

Posted 1 hour ago
Back to top ^