Elkhart Truth Logo
Thursday, April 24, 2014
Loading...








2 injured in Halloween night fire

Two people suffered minor burns in a house fire Thursday night.
Truth Staff
Posted on Nov. 1, 2013 at 1:00 a.m.

LAGRANGE COUNTY — Two people suffered burns in a residential fire just east of the Elkhart/LaGrange county line Thursday evening.

LaGrange County emergency dispatchers said firefighters responded to 1225 North/1200 West at 6:21 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 31 for a report of a house fire.

The caller told dispatchers two people had suffered minor burns.

WSBT reports that Shipshewana and Middlebury firefighters arrived at the scene to find flames shooting out of the roof a building attached to a two-story home.

The fire was caused by a propane leak from an outdoor cooking burner that had been brought inside, WSBT reports.

The burn victims were taken to St. Joseph Hospital in Fort Wayne and Parkview LaGrange Hosptal.



 A 15-year-old boy, seen sitting on a stretcher center, who stowed away in the wheel well of a flight from San Jose, Calif., to Maui is loaded into an ambulance at Kahului Airport in Kahului, Maui, Hawaii Sunday afternoon, April 20, 2014. The boy survived the trip halfway across the Pacific Ocean unharmed despite frigid temperatures at 38,000 feet and a lack of oxygen, FBI and airline officials said. FBI spokesman Tom Simon in Honolulu told The Associated Press on Sunday night that the boy was questioned by the FBI after being discovered on the tarmac at the Maui airport with no identification.
By OSKAR GARCIA and MARTHA MENDOZA Associated Press
Posted 5 minutes ago
By STEVEN DUBOIS Associated Press
Posted 35 minutes ago
Back to top ^