Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Loading...





GOSHEN Consultant selected for bridge project

The Elkhart County commissioners signed a contract Monday, Oct. 7, with Lawson-Fisher Associates for consulting services for an upcoming bridge construction project.
Posted on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:00 a.m. | Updated on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:48 p.m.

GOSHEN — A company based in South Bend will serve as a consultant for the replacement of the bridge on C.R. 4 over Christiana Creek.

The Elkhart County commissioners signed an agreement Monday, Oct. 7, to hire Lawson-Fisher Associates for the project. The two-lane structure east of C.R. 7 will be replaced with a wider bridge with 6-foot sidewalks and 8-foot-wide shoulders. County highway manager Jeff Taylor told the commissioners that up to $149,100 of the company’s services will be covered partly by federal transportation dollars.

The commissioners signed a contract with the Indiana Department of Transportation for the $1 million project at the end of September. INDOT will pay for 80 percent of the cost, and the county will be responsible for paying the remaining 20 percent.




Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
 Greg Lucas, Gov. Jerry Brown's nomination for state librarian, responds to a question during his confirmation hearing before the Senate Rules Committee,  Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014, in Sacramento, Calif.  Lucas, the son of former state Supreme Court Chief Justice Malcolm Lucas, is a former journalist with no formal training as a librarian.  The committee approved Lucas' nomination on a 5-0 vote, sending it to the full Senate.(AP Photo/Rich Pedroncelli)

Updated 17 minutes ago
 This Wednesday, July 23, 2014 photo shows the Showboat Casino Hotel, left, and the Revel Casino Hotel along the Boardwalk in Atlantic City, N.J. The state Gaming Enforcement Division gave final approval to Revel's shutdown on Sept. 1 and 2, signing the order on Tuesday night and releasing it on Wednesday, Aug. 20, 2014. Showboat and Revel are due to close over Labor Day weekend, with Trump Plaza shutting down on Sept. 16. The shutdowns are part of a rapid unraveling of Atlantic City's gambling market, which began the year with 12 casinos, but will have eight before summer ends. (AP Photo/Mel Evans)

Updated 19 minutes ago

Updated 36 minutes ago
Back to top ^