Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Loading...





Featured

Feds drug bust

Federal authorities launched their investigation in March 2011.

Posted on May 10, 2013 at 1:00 a.m. | Updated on May 10, 2013 at 2:47 p.m.

FORT WAYNE — Federal authorities say a series of indictments and raids has broken up a major drug ring that operated in Indiana, Michigan and Ohio.

U.S. Attorney David Capp said at a news conference Friday, May 10, in Fort Wayne that a federal grand jury had indicted 20 people on drug- and gun-related charges. Most were residents of Fort Wayne and smaller Indiana communities. Three were from Michigan and one was from Ohio.

Prosecutors say the suspects conspired to distribute cocaine and methamphetamine, and also provided guns to felons.

Capp did not disclose details of the investigation that began in March 2011, but a statement said wiretaps were used. The arrests followed a series of raids by FBI agents throughout the region Thursday.

Officials and court documents didn’t say how the operation allegedly worked.





Updated 11 minutes ago
 Argentina's economy minister, Axel Kicillof, speaks to the media after leaving negotiations aimed at avoiding his country's second default in 13 years, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, in New York. U.S. District Judge Thomas P. Griesa last week ordered round-the-clock negotiations to avert a Wednesday default deadline. But talks have been sporadic and have failed to bring representatives of Argentina to the table with lawyers for U.S. hedge funds. (AP Photo/John Minchillo)

Updated at 9:10 p.m.

Updated at 9:08 p.m.
Back to top ^