Elkhart home severely damaged in Tuesday evening fire
ELKHART — The Elkhart Fire Department responded to a house fire at 718 Middlebury St. on Tuesday evening, April 2.
Emergency dispatchers received a call at 9:47 p.m. reporting a house fully engulfed by flames.
Neighbor Joe Leazaran said he was taking out the trash when he saw smoke coming from the chimney and flames on the lower level of the two-story home.
The two cars the home’s residents normally drive were not at the house at the time the fire started, but the family owns two dogs which may have been in the house.
No additional information was available as of 10:45 p.m. Tuesday.