Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Loading...





Elkhart home severely damaged in Tuesday evening fire

Elkhart firefighters battled a house blaze on Middlebury Street on Tuesday.
Posted on April 2, 2013 at 1:00 a.m.

ELKHART — The Elkhart Fire Department responded to a house fire at 718 Middlebury St. on Tuesday evening, April 2.

Emergency dispatchers received a call at 9:47 p.m. reporting a house fully engulfed by flames.

Neighbor Joe Leazaran said he was taking out the trash when he saw smoke coming from the chimney and flames on the lower level of the two-story home.

The two cars the home’s residents normally drive were not at the house at the time the fire started, but the family owns two dogs which may have been in the house.

No additional information was available as of 10:45 p.m. Tuesday.


Recommended for You


 FILE - This 2011 photo provided by Wilmot Chayee shows Thomas Eric Duncan at a wedding in Ghana. People who shared an apartment with the country's first Ebola patient are emerging from quarantine healthy. And while Thomas Eric Duncan died and two U.S. nurses were infected caring for him, there are successes, too: A nurse infected in Spain has recovered, as have four American aid workers infected in West Africa. Even there, not everyone dies. (AP Photo/Wilmot Chayee)

Posted 51 minutes ago
 U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, right, greets Republican challenger Scott Brown before a live televised debate hosted by New England Cable News, the Concord Monitor, and the University of New Hampshire at the Capitol Center for the Arts, Tuesday Oct. 21, 2014 in Concord, N.H. (AP Photo/Concord Monitor, Elizabeth Frantz, Pool)

Posted 51 minutes ago

Posted 51 minutes ago
Back to top ^