Monday, October 20, 2014
Loading...





Teen country artist Rachel Farley joins fair concert line-up

The opening act for this summer's Florida Georgia Line concert at the Elkhart County 4-H Fair will be Rachel Farley, a 17-year-old girl working her way into the country music scene.

Posted on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:00 a.m. | Updated on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:43 p.m.

GOSHEN — A 17-year-old girl who’s working her way into the country music scene will take the stage at the Elkhart County 4-H Fair this summer.

Rachel Farley will be the opening act for country duo Florida Georgia Line July 22 at the fair, the fair announced this afternoon.

While Farley’s name isn’t familiar yet, “she’ll be known by this summer,” said Kristy Ambrosen, spokeswoman for the fair. Farley has played with artists such as Luke Bryan and Brantley Gilbert.

In her official biography, Farley said, “I hate to put my music in a box. The songs I play are definitely country, but they’re different from what’s currently on the charts. I’m influenced by all types of music, and I think that comes through in my songwriting.”

The fair originally planned to have two headlining acts for the July 22 show, but decided that with the continuing rise of Florida Georgia Line, having an opening act makes sense, Ambrosen said,

Also announced for the fair are Vince Gill for July 23 and Jason Crabb for July 21.

The artists for July 20 and July 24 have not been announced.

Ambrosen said advance sales of reserved track seats for all shows will start May 18.

All shows will feature free grandstand seating with admission to the fair, which runs July 19 through 27.


Recommended for You


 Specialist David Haubner works with traders at his post on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange, Friday, Oct. 17, 2014. U.S. stocks opened higher Friday as investors weighed the latest corporate earnings news and data showing home construction picked up last month. (AP Photo/Richard Drew)

Posted 28 minutes ago
 ADVANCE FOR 9:00 P.M. EDT, SUNDAY OCT. 19 AND THEREAFTER - This undated handout photo provided by the National Archives and Records Administration shows Martin Hartmann. Hartmann reached an agreement with the U.S. Department of Justice in 2007 to return to Germany when it was found out he was a Nazi SS guard in World War II. An Associated Press investigation found dozens of suspected Nazi war criminals and SS guards collected millions of dollars in Social Security payments after being forced out of the United States. (AP Photo/National Archives and Records Administration)

Posted 28 minutes ago
Back to top ^