The Council on Aging has received grant funds from the Elkhart County Communication Foundation and Horizon Bank to be used for its Care Navigation program.
The Care Navigation program offers seniors in the area an income-based hourly rate for social services, including assistance with finances, transportation, coordinating with medical care and more. All Care Navigators are master-level social workers. Each appointment is at the client’s home to best suit their needs.
The granted funds will pay for 70 percent of the services, with the other 30 percent to be paid by the clients. Clients pay a range from $5 to $25 per hour.
For more information about the Care Navigation program or to donate call the Elkhart County Council on Aging at 295-1820.