Monday, December 22, 2014
Loading...





Electrical malfunction spurs evacuation at Walmart

An electrical problem at an Elkhart Walmart led to a call for an evacuation Saturday morning.

Posted on Oct. 27, 2012 at 1:00 a.m. | Updated on Oct. 27, 2012 at 11:50 a.m.

ELKHART — An electrical problem at the Walmart on C.R. 6 led to an effort to evacuate the building Saturday morning.

The incident happened in the meat department where an electrical unit malfunctioned and caused some smoke, according to Elkhart emergency dispatchers.

The incident was quickly resolved and dispatchers could not confirm if the entire store had been evacuated.

The incident began about 9:30 a.m., according to officials.


Recommended for You


Back to top ^