Tuesday, July 29, 2014


Township trustees, agencies offer emergency help with utility bills

Township trustees work closely with local agencies to provide emergency help with paying utility bills.
Posted on July 10, 2012 at 1:00 a.m.

For some people, climbing utility bills in the summer may mean falling behind when the heat is at its worst.

Township trustees in Elkhart County offer emergency assistance for people who have received a disconnect notice. The extent of services is based on income, number of people in the family and other factors.

Here’s how to get in touch with the township trustees:

Ÿ Baugo: 293-5873

Ÿ Benton: 642-3659

Ÿ Cleveland: 264-2453

Ÿ Clinton: 642-3202

Ÿ Concord: 293-6889

Ÿ Elkhart: 533-2066

Ÿ Harrison: 875-6408

Ÿ Jackson: 831-3322

Ÿ Jefferson: 535-9015

Ÿ Locke: 773-3320

Ÿ Middlebury: 825-3446

Ÿ Olive: 862-1480

Ÿ Osolo: 262-2175

Ÿ Union: 784-3110

Ÿ Washington: 848-7024

Ÿ York: 848-9387

The trustees work closely with Church Community Services and the Salvation Armies in Elkhart and Goshen for emergency help. Real Services also helps families in north-central Indiana.

For more information, call:

Ÿ Church Community Services: 295-3673

Ÿ Elkhart Salvation Army: 970-0088 (northern half of Elkhart County)

Ÿ Goshen Salvation Army: 533-9584 (southern half of Elkhart County)

Ÿ Real Services: 875-0606

For other types of emergency assistance, contact the United Way’s call center at 211.

Truth Staff

Updated 45 minutes ago
 FILE - In a Thursday, May 29, 2014 file photo, singer Aretha Franklin looks up while seated on stage during Harvard University commencement ceremonies, in Cambridge, Mass. Franklin, the Queen of Soul says she's looking forward to tracking down one of the powdered sugar-covered confections while she's at the Ohio State Fair to perform on Thursday, July 31, 2014. (AP Photo/Steven Senne, File)

Updated 46 minutes ago
 In this courtroom sketch at the federal corruption trial of former Virginia Governor Robert F. McDonnell, center, and his wife, former first lady Maureen McDonnell, second from right, Judge James R. Spencer, left, presides during jury selection Monday, July 28, 2014, in Richmond, Va. Bob and Maureen McDonnell are charged in a 14-count indictment with accepting more than $165,000 in gifts and loans from the CEO of a dietary supplements company in exchange for helping promote his products. The defense team is gathered at a courtroom table and includes Victoria Taraktchian, John L. Brownlee, Robert McDonnell, Henry W.

Updated 1 hour ago
Back to top ^