ELKHART — REAL Services of Elkhart County and Alzheimer’s Services of Northern Indiana are joining to offer a free series of five sessions for caregivers to learn about caregiving topics and network with other caregivers.
Lunch and Learn Education Programs for Caregivers of Older Adults offers monthly sessions on the first Friday for five months beginning in August. Sessions will take place from 12:10 to 1:30 p.m. in the Action Den on the assisted living side of Greenleaf Health Campus, 1201 E. Beardsley Ave.
Topics in this series are:
- Aug. 1: “Depression and Anxiety in Older Adults”
- Sept. 5: “REAL Services: A Walk Through the Agency”
- Oct. 3: “Understanding Behavior Changes in the Person with Dementia”
- Nov. 7: “Consider the Conversation: Thoughtful Planning for End of Life”
- Dec. 5: “Keeping Spirits Bright: Creating Joyful Holidays When a Loved One has Dementia.”
Lunch will be provided to those who reserve a spot at least five days in advance. To reserve a spot call 284-7132 or toll-free 800-552-7928, ext. 7132.