Are you looking for something special to do with your sweetheart or your family this Valentine's Day? Take a look at these local events for some ideas on ways to spend time with your loved ones.
• Family Fun Days: Will You Be My Valentine? will be the theme at the Elkhart County Historical Museum at 10:30 a.m. Feb. 15. The program will feature the history of love and give you the opportunity to create valentine crafts. Admission: $1 to $3. The museum is at 304 W. Vistula St. Information: www.elkhartcountyhistory.org.
• The Elkhart Public Library Main will host a special event called "Heart Me!" at 4 p.m. Feb. 14. The free event will feature activities in celebration of Valentine's Day. For ages 5 and older. The library is at 300 S. Second St. Information: www.myepl.org.
• Dick Dunn and Friends will perform at 7 p.m. Feb. 14 at First Congregational United Church of Christ. Dunn will perform on the pipe organ while his friends sing accompaniment. A "Sweets for your Sweetheart" reception will follow. Admission is a goodwill offering; all proceeds will benefit the FCC Pastor's Benevolence Fund. The church is at 431 S. Third St. Information: www.firstuccelkhart.org.
• Champion Duo, Dick and Debbie will perform at the Bent Oak Golf Club restaurant from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Feb. 14. The restaurant is at 3610 Bent Oak Trail.
• A Valentine's Day Dinner and Dance will be at 5 p.m. Feb. 15, at Goshen VFW Post 985. Dinner will include your choice of rib eye or New York strip steak with baked potato, green beans, salad, roll and dessert. Dinner will be from 5 to 7 p.m.followed by music from Short Term Memories from 7 to 11 p.m. The VFW is at 1201 W. Pike St. Information: 533-6460 or www.Goshenvfwpost985.weebly.com/events.html. Admission: $10.
• A Valentine's Dinner and Concert featuring Matt Walch will be at 6 and 7:30 p.m. Feb. 15 in Essenhaus' Heritage Hall. Walch specializes in big band music such as Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett and Nat King Cole. The cost for dinner for two is $79. Reservations are required. To register, or for more information, call Essenhaus at 800-455-9471 or visit www.essenhaus.com. Essenhaus is at 13489 C.R. 16.
• A Valentine's Dance hosted by the Middlebury Men's Club will be from 8 p.m. to midnight Feb. 15, at American Legion Post 210. Music will be provided by SL4. There will be snack food, a cash bar, 50/50 drawings and door prizes. Admission is $15 for couples, with proceeds being used on community projects. Advance tickets are available but will also be available at the door. Information: 238-4766. The legion is at 103 York Drive.
• The Blue Gate Theater will host a Valentine's Celebration with comedian and ventriloquist David Pendleton at 8 p.m. Feb. 14 and 15 and at 2 p.m. Feb. 15. Tickets range from $29 to $99. The evening includes dinner, theater, carriage rides and a rose for your sweetheart. Dinner will be your choice of prime rib, Cornish hen or family style. Seating will be half an hour prior to showtime. The theater is at 195 N. Van Buren St. Information: 888-447-4725 or www.riegsecker.com.
• Weiss Gasthaus will offer a Valentine's Dinner at 5 p.m. Feb. 14. Dinner will feature a special four course menu for two, including a champagne toast and crème brûlée with Chantilly cream. The cost for dinner for two is $60. Weiss Gasthaus is at 115 Dixie Way N. Information: www.weissgasthaus.com.
• A free Valentine's Day Dance will be at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 14, at Elks Lodge 235, 3535 McKinley Ave.
Notre Dame DeBartolo Performing Arts Center
• The film Before Sunrise will be at 5:30 p.m.
• The film Before Sunset will be at 7:30 p.m.
• the film Before Midnight will be at 9:30 p.m.
All showings are Friday, Feb. 14. Tickets range from $4 to $7. Discount tickets available for multiple showings.
• Valentine's Day with Brahms and Gershwin will be at 8 p.m. Feb. 14, at the performing arts center. Tickets range from $5 to $8.
The performing arts center is at 100 Performing Arts Center, Notre Dame. Information: 219-413-0790 or performingarts.nd.edu.