City of Goshen announces locations for bicycle registration
GOSHEN — Bicycle registration will be available at First Fridays and six locations in Goshen.
The Goshen Board of Public Works and Safety approved six places where residents can register their bikes. The voluntary registration program helps in the recovery and return of bikes found in the city to their owners.
A five-year registration is $5 for Goshen residents and $10 for people who live outside the city.
- Goshen Police and Court Building, 111 E. Jefferson St.
- Goshen Fire Department, Central Fire Station, 209 N. Third St.
- Goshen Fire Department, Reliance Memorial Fire Station, 1728 Reliance Road
- Goshen Fire Department, College Avenue Fire Station, 1203 College Ave.
- Goshen Parks and Recreation Department, 607 W. Plymouth Ave.
- Lincoln Avenue Cycle and Fitness, 403 W. Lincoln Ave.
The city will waive registration fees at First Fridays events downtown and on July 12 at the 2014 Kids and Teens Try-Athlon at Shanklin Park, 411 W. Plymouth Ave.
- The board awarded a bid for concrete services for $72,300 to Aggregate Industries. The board mistakenly opened two envelopes at its meeting Monday, April 7. One of the envelopes was not labeled and included a quote for the demolition of 321 N. Main St. The documents were returned to J.W. Concrete.
- The city’s water utility office will calculate residential sewer bills this summer based on sewer bills issued in November, December and January. The office issued a systemwide freeze warning from Feb. 11 to March 28, asking customers to leave a small stream of water running from an interior faucet to prevent water lines from freezing. Water and sewer bills were adjusted for customers who contacted the utility office during the warning because of increased water usage.
- The board accepted a utilities easement from Donald Ray and Patsy Jo Hall at 804 Steury Ave.
Follow Elkhart Truth reporter Angelle Barbazon on Twitter at @tweetangelle.