GOSHEN — The Goshen Board of Public Works and Safety voted on the following actions at its weekly meeting Monday, March 24:
- Awarded a bid to Super Seal Inc. for $12,256 for a downtown parking lot resurfacing project. The company submitted the lowest offer out of four firms competing for the contract.
- Granted sewer bill credits to three homeowners.
- Contracted with Michiana Tree Works Inc. for $625 to remove a diseased pine tree from the lawn of the city’s annex building. The work must be completed within 30 days.
- Approved two occupancy permits – one for Victor and Irene Koop for a new home at 905 Deerstone Drive and one for Forest River Manufacturing LLC for a building addition at 2333 Century Drive.
- Revised the police department’s promotion policy for non-rank positions, including school resource officers, training officers and positions in the drug unit.
- Declared a collection of leaded brass fittings surplus property because they do not comply with the Environmental Protection Agency’s “no lead” rule.
Follow Elkhart Truth reporter Angelle Barbazon on Twitter at @tweetangelle.