New names, old favorites added to Elkhart Jazz Festival lineup
ELKHART — The Elkhart Jazz Festival has added more than 20 acts to its 2014 lineup.
The jazz festival’s latest list of artists features some familiar names as well as new additions making their first appearance at the festival in downtown Elkhart.
This summer’s headliners include Preservation Hall Jazz Band on June 20, Aaron Neville on June 21 and Fourplay on June 22.
The newest artists in the lineup include:
- Dave Bennett Quartet
- Airmen of Note
- Alfonso Ponticelli and Swing Gitan
- Tom Rigney and Flambeau
- Joan Collaso
- The Professors!, a band formed by instructors for the jazz festival’s first summer program for kids, Camp Hoagy
- Bucky Pizzarelli and Ed Laub
- Fat Babies Jazz Band
- The California Honey Drops
- The River Rogues Jazz Band
- Tony Monaco Trio
- John Hasse, jazz expert and curator of American music at the Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of American History
- Lena Seikaly Trio
- Marquis Hill Quintet
- Rica Obsesion Latin Jazz
- Kris Brownlee
- Terry Bartolotta Quintet
- Geoff Gallante
- The Whistle Pigs
- Truth in Jazz
- Jazz Assemblage
- Premier Arts
- Elkhart Community Choir
Early bird passes for the Elkhart Jazz Festival are on sale for $110 to $250 at thelerner.com, by phone at 574-293-4469 and at the Lerner Theatre’s box office, 410 S. Main St.
Follow Elkhart Truth reporter Angelle Barbazon on Twitter at @tweetangelle.