1. The Arena nightclub clobbered with further violation notices for food, alcohol and building violations In addition to a host of fire code violations, The Arena is also looking at facing violations with food inspectors, alcohol licenses and building permits.
The Arena will be closed until violations are corrected and the building is up to code.
2. Suspect in Purdue University shooting lists Warsaw as one of two home addresses Cody Cousins, the 23-year-old man suspected of fatally shooting 21-year-old teaching assistant Andrew Boldt, lists Warsaw as one of two home addresses, according to police.
Cousins is believed to have targeted Boldt inside the Electrical Engineering Building, then surrendered to a police officer within minutes of the attack.
3. Property owners get a glimpse at proposed annexations Property owners were told Tuesday they won't see a huge tax hike if their land gets annexed into the city.
Residents and business owners were invited by the city to stop by and ask questions during a four-hour open house in council chambers. The city wants to annex the first four proposed parcels out of a possible 16 total.
4. Elkhart Memorial French teacher to challenge Rep. Tim Wesco for House seat Speaking as a "a mother, an experienced educator and concerned citizen," Jodi Buoscio of Osceola plans to run as a Democrat against House Republican Tim Wesco.
Buoscio plans to kick off her campaign from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Teamster's Union Hall, 23383 U.S. 33, in Dunlap.
5. Elkhart Strong movement gaining momentum with t-shirts, random acts of kindness The creator of an "Elkhart Strong" Facebook page said he made it out of a sense of duty to bring good from a terrible situation.
Page creator Mike Bailey lives behind the Martins Super Market on 3900 E. Bristol St., where a tragic shooting took place last week in which two women were killed and the gunman was fatally shot by police.
The Elkhart Strong page urges its followers to commit random acts of kindness for others in the neighborhood and promotes t-shirts with black with red printing that read, “Together we are ELKHART STRONG/Pay it forward/Commit to 2 Random Acts of Kindness/In Memory of Krystle Dikes & Rachelle Godfread/1-15-2014.”